Saturday, September 13, 2014

Shade Hog-Lambs

 Close ups

Oil on 5x7 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Gail was the gracious host this week who provided a bunch of great photos.

I liked the grouping of the lambs in this one. Very interesting shadows on the lambs plus those cast on the wall.

Gail's challenge was to accentuate color in the manner of Vickie McMurry.

I looked up Vickie McMurry's art and loved it. So for the challenge, I gave my color a bit of a boost.

C&C welcome. Thanks for looking and commenting!
.
Psalm 139:15-16, "You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed."
.


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful group of lambs...you painted them so beautifully. LOVE the color you used and those perfect shadows! Nice work, Dean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice design, You captured the lambs beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love the way you punch up the colors in your shadows. This painting has a fabulous glow to it and they are soooo sweet, Dean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The warm color scheme is just so perfect as a counterpoint to the white lambs. What fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails